Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 206: Headache and HCG drops

Ughh...after a few days of an anniversary "staycation"...and little gym time I have been so pumped ALL day about going. Little did I know that around 4:00 this afternoon I would get this A-mazing headache that would still be lingering on now at 8:30 pm. It's my fault completely...I hadn't eaten enough today, and what I had eaten was in no way what my body needs to function. So I popped pills...still no relief from the pain...ate my pre-workout snack (peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat bread)...still no relief...drank some water...nope and lastly laid down for a bit...NOPE! Still...have...this...headache!!! Headache=no gym which means I am very disappointed! So tomorrow I will start my day right eating well balanced meals and drinking plenty of water...at least then if I get a headache I will know that it wasn't because of something that I did.
On another note...I saw a friend today that I hadn't seen in about a month...that's not that long...she looked awesome! I complimented her and she proceeded to tell me that she has been taking the HCG drops that I hear so much about now days. She was telling me that you loose on average about a pound a day...a pound a day...yes please sign me up! On my lunch break I googled HCG drops and quickly changed my mind. My first concern was the warning to NOT workout while on the drops...what? Not workout...but how do you loose it...and what about my strength training...I don't want to be all flabby when I get all of this off. My next concern I learned from talking to another friend about it this afternoon...while on HCG drops you have to follow a strict 500 calorie a day diet! Yup I typed it correctly and you my friend are reading it correctly...500 calories...five, zero, zero!!!! Well no wonder you can't workout...you would have NO energy to do so....AND no wonder you loose about a pound a day...you are STARVING yourself. The average person burns about 1100 calories a day just living! I would think that once you started eating again you would gain that plus some back...no thanks! I will stick to the old fashion way of water...diet and kicking my booty in the gym. Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph...you look great, and I think you made an excellent decision about the drops. So proud of you and all that you've accomplished toward your goal! Love you much, Mom Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Can't wait to follow this blog. My friend you look amazing =D I love you!

    ReplyDelete